Thursday, January 27, 2011

Probably the most boring post ever....

This one might put you to sleep...just warning. Here is what's going on in our crazy world.

Just 4 days left in our little German apartment. Overwhelmed isn't even the word!
Today we're cleaning out the fridge and doing the very last of the laundry. The military is coming to pick those appliances up tomorrow morning. We'll spend the weekend doing last minute cleaning and creating donate or chuck piles. I imagine we'll be taking many loads to the thrift store and dump.
I'm absolutely dreading Monday morning because everything is going to happen at once. It's going to be a very stressful day. We have our temporary furniture being picked up. This is what we've been living on the past 5 weeks and consists of about 13 large pieces.
Overlapping with that is our express shipment pickup. This is our remaining personal items that we've kept back. Hopefully these 2 pickups go smoothly (no one forgets to show up) because our landlord and military housing representative are coming over shortly after that to do our final walkthrough. I haven't even thought about what I am going to do with these cats during all this activity. Their poor litterbox room is in need of some serious attention as well.
We paid almost 5 grand for our security deposit and it would be devastating not to get that back. My mom did some miracle work on the wall our cat damaged. You can't even tell which is just fantastic. Thanks Mom!
Once we check into our hotel on Monday afternoon I will breath a huge sigh of relief! The next step after this is checking out of the Army Garrison as well as shipping our car. I think the apartment is the one thing weighing on Brad and I the most because of the third party involved (German landlord).

In other news, just 10 days til we find out the sex! I am so bad and asked the Dr to look between the legs at my last appointment. There was an umbilical cord in the way so she really couldn't see. She did take a guess at the sex but made sure I knew that it was not an accurate guess. We'll find out for sure soon!

I am the only one who is still sick over here. My flu turned into a sinus infection and bronchitis. This is miserable only because I can't take any decongestants and because I've been blowing my nose so much that only blood comes out now. Ugh. I feel like a crazy person from such sleep deprivation. I am going to avoid sick people like the plague the next 5 months. I don't ever want to get this sick again, especially while pregnant.
So, I've made it my priority to be lysol crazy and practicing handwashing like no tomorrow. You can probably imagine how freaked out I am about that looong plane ride where I can't escape people's sneezes and sniffles. Ugh.

That's it for now!


1 comment:

  1. Not as boring as you would think. It's crazy how quick time goes.
    If you need any help with anything please let us know

    ReplyDelete