Saturday, January 22, 2011

Flu central

After my mom's arrival last Monday we had about 4 days to catch up before a nasty flu struck our household. And when I say flu I mean a high fever, chills/body aches/hot flashes, diarrhea, headcold, etc. It's been 2 years since I've had the flu and I think yesterday was the sickest I'd ever been in my life.
Yesterday would have been comical to see us all because we just sat on the couch for hours and moaned. I'd imagine we sounded like a bunch of trapped animals. There were many times we would all just look at each other and laugh at how pathetic we all looked and sounded. When one person started coughing it would cause a chain reaction of coughs throughout the room.
I couldn't help but express my jealousy when I'd see my mom or Brad knock back some Dayquil. My mom and I haven't left this house in 3 days now which goes against ever fiber in my body. But, you know when you are truly sick because you just don't care.

Here are some random comments/conversations you could have heard at any point the past 3 days at our house.

-"Now I know why cancer patients smoke dope"
-Q:"Is it coming out like water?" - A: "no, more like cream of potato soup"
-"I didn't know my eyes could have the flu too"
-"It feels like little men are in rafters floating down my body. They have to pause at every joint to stab it before moving on."
-"Now it looks like vegetable broth"
- Q: "What would you do if you were a truck driver and got this?" A:" Guess you'd have to wear Depends and keep on trucking"
-" I had no idea that there were joints in my back bone. I can feel everyone one of them."
-"My teeth feel like they're wearing sweaters from all those cough drops.
-"Don't these kids have parents?" (referring to the 100th episode of Little Einsteins)

1 comment: