Monday, February 7, 2011

This is it!

We're down to the last 48 hours in Germany. Our European chapter has come to a close. I guess that means I should start working on my "Big Book of Europe" soon before I start forgetting all the details.
Today's agenda consists of my final Dr's appointment here. I won't miss my German OB at all. She's nice and everything but modesty simply does not exist in her office. Imagine the worst! Lots of hallway wandering and no clothes to cover up with. I can't help but feel like I'm walking naked through Times Square and every flaw and jiggle is on the giant billboards overhead. But, I know it's just no big deal to them and I try to think of all the parts they see day in and day out. Brad wants to be in the room for my ultrasound today... I am thinking I'm going to have to request that I at least keep my underwear on. I'm sure she'll look at me as if I'm talking about UFO's.
After this we're taking our cats to the vet for their final checkup. We're officially car-less so we're thinking about borrowing a shopping cart and wheeling them across base to the vet. You do what you gotta do, right? This will be a site to see I'm sure! Maybe I should bring a camera.

Tomorrow is all laundry, packing and last minute check outs. I always dislike the day before the big travel because all you can think about is the long day to come. Everyone is nervous and has the jitters. I can never sleep either. I don't know anyone who actually looks forward to international flights.

Well, this is it! My last post from Germany. 2 years and 8 months of beautiful Europe! Somebody asked me yesterday how many countries/cities we've been to. I think we counted 12 countries and 20 major cities. Doesn't seem like a lot compared to how many cities there actually are! We are so grateful to have had this experience and cherish every memory. It was truly a life-changer.
Now it's back to land of plenty, yummy restaurants, huge pickup trucks and ice. It will be a nice change and we are ready for it.
Auf Wiedersehen!!





1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe the time has come. I hope everything goes smooth sailing for you guys!

    ReplyDelete