Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Matthew Garrett Lowe

Baby Matthew is finally here! He arrived on Monday, June 20th at 6:15pm. He was 8lbs and 14oz. I was not expecting that big of a baby at all! Unfortunately I didn't fall under the majority of "second labors are easier labors." Poor Matthew was not only sunny side up but was coming out face-first. After 3 hours of pushing he was completely stuck. The Dr and nurses were preparing for a C-Section and were going to try one last thing...the vacuum. Poor Matthew pretty much had his face vacuumed out of me. It was a pretty scary experience but I am so happy it didn't end in surgery. My bottom half is sure paying for it now though. :( I can't wait until the day I can put the pain meds up and feel like myself again.
Here are some pics from our big, exciting, scary, amazing day! Matthew's birth!

This is when my epidural was working and everything was smooth sailing.

After only a couple hours of bliss, the epidural on left side 100% gave out. In this pic I had already pushed for 2 hours. The Dr let me take a little break because Matthew's heartbeat was at a steady 50. The contractions were unbearable and we were so worried about our baby.

6:15pm. He's here! Daddy got to cut the cord.

Such a sweet moment that Brad and I got to share this time.


Big boy!



The next morning.

Big brother Miles comes to visit!







Just a few hours before check out. I definitely could have stayed another night or two.

We're home and trying out the new swing. So far so good!

2 comments:

  1. You look great in those pictures post-birth! And what sweet photos of the two brothers. It won't be long before they start catching frogs together and bringing them in your house (that happened to me this week). Welcome to the family, Baby Matthew! We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! He is beautiful!!!
    ~
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete