Friday, September 30, 2011

1 month down, forever to go.

That's right, 1 whole month down and 6 long months to go before we'll see Brad again. I am trying to dwell on the good so...
Memaw is here! Already the help has been tremendous. I was on SURVIVAL mode with these kids and I hate to say it, but I felt like the kids were suffering because they never got a "refreshed" Mommy, just crazy Mommy! I never slept more than 2 hours a time at night and I haven't had an ounce of personal time to myself the past 30 days. The combination of those 2 things can really make you nutty. That mixed with not having the support of a spouse to help or just plain ol' give you a hug just drug me down. I feel like Memaw needs to wear a superman cape, because that's what she is to me at this point... my superhero!

Miles has completed 2 whole weeks of preschool and he just loves it! They have chapel, playtime, snacks, Bible stories and crafts every day. It's such a sweet preschool. He is turning 4 in about a week. I can't believe it! Brad is sending me a video to play for his birthday for him. I know it will just thrill his heart. We are having a big party at Pump It Up with his neighborhood friends. He'll be so excited because it's his first birthday party ever!

Brad is doing well in Afghanistan. His living conditions are not great though. Actually, they are horrible and that's just him being modest. Sometimes I feel like American's (especially non-military towns) just don't get it. People have gotten so used to the idea that we are in a war and forget that these men are STILL truly sacrificing everything... It can be so frustrating when I hear people complain over the silliest things. Brad's conditions are like this: He eats the same bland MRE everyday. Poops on top of other guy's poop- which is in a big can that has to be burned every night (sorry just keeping it real), has no hot shower, living in over 100 degrees with his military gear on, and sleeping on a rock in a tent full of a dozen men and works 16+ hours every single day, and make sure that he and his fellow Marines don't die on a daily basis. No weekends. I know it's hard on them but they are so strong and never complain. It truly is a service they are doing. If anyone ever wants to send him or his guys a care package, please feel free. Most of the guys in his shop are young and single and could use a sponsor.
They need babywipes, hand sanitizers and any kind of canned food so they can catch a break from the MRE's. I know magazines and things of that nature are a nice distraction too.

Anyway, that's about it for here! Here's to hoping time flies. Fly fly fly!


No comments:

Post a Comment