Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas treats/updates

We may have been snowed in the past 2 weeks and boggled down with this move but never too busy to pack on the calories with some Christmas treats. Miles is my little Betty Crocker and loves to decorate and sprinkle everything.





I wish I had some lively/exciting things to blog about but our life is just so consumed with this move. I forgot how stressful it is to... ya know, move across the world.
Right now I have about 1-2 appointments a day showing our apartment to potential renters. The movers are coming to pack just about everything we own next week so I am separating the house into things they can take/can't take. We're keeping a small shipment behind to use until the very last day. Unfortunately they are quoting 70 days for our things to reach California. It's going to be very interesting entertaining Miles in a empty house during a German winter.

Our lovely cat Tom did some small damage to our walls. Shredder Tom I should call him. They are quoting us a pretty dime so we decided to fly my mom out here (the woman who used to flip houses for a living) to help us fix the walls ourselves. Hey, it's cheaper! The damage isn't too bad, we just don't want to risk not getting our deposit back. Plus, my mom can help me keep Miles busy and we have her booked on the exact same 15 hour flight back. I think it all worked out pretty nicely. Brad jokes that we'll stick Miles with my mom and pretend we're asleep every time she tries to give him back.







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan with Mom, the House Flipper!
    DoM

    ReplyDelete