Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gotta love bread dip!

We LOVE baguettes from the bakery. Mmm, they are so soft, warm and taste delicious. They make for a great side to almost every meal. I used to just butter bread, heat and serve. But lately I've been trying different oil based dips which are so much more healthy than butter. They are also a great hostess gift idea along with a fresh baked loaf of bread and a great bottle of extra virgin olive oil. I tried a new recipe today and it was SO delicious I had to share! And to think I made it all from the seasonings in my cabinet.
Here is what you need aside from a bottle of extra virgin olive oil:
-1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
-1 tablespoon black pepper
-1 tablespoon dried oregano
-1 tablespoon dried rosemary
-1 tablespoon dried basil
-1 tablespoon dried parsley
-1 tablespoon garlic powder
-1 tablespoon minced garlic
-1 teaspoon salt

Grind it all together. Pull 1 teaspoon of mix out to small bowl, add with desired amount of extra virgin olive oil, stir and walaa! You can also heat to help blend flavors. You'll have the most delicious and healthy dipping sauce. Store the rest because you know you'll be pulling it out the next day to finish the loaf!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds wonderful, and it's something Jim and I would like. I'm going to give him your recipe.
    Thanks for sharing.
    DoM

    ReplyDelete