Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One way to kill an afternoon...

Brad started his first day of work yesterday. With this comes sharing a car which has been a bit challenging in a place where there are no trains or public transportation. So we found one way to kill an afternoon...beach! It was 70 and sunny today and somehow we managed to overdress still. Guess it will take a while to get the German out of me.
I was kicking myself for not bringing my super zoom today. There were so many cool things (including surfers on huge waves) to take pics of. Oh well, I'm sure there will be many other opportunities.
On a side note- with Brad's new job comes deployments and news of deployments. I found out yesterday that he leaves in September to Afghanistan. I knew this news was coming but it still makes me sick no matter how prepared I am to hear it. The part that I was not prepared to hear was all the pre-deployment training that comes with it, i.e. a month at 29 Palms right when our baby is supposed to be born, a short time home to say goodbye, then adios until 2012. Ugh. Yesterday was a pretty emotional day trying to absorb this. Brad is constantly reminding me to not let it be this big shadow in our lives and try to enjoy now. I promised him I'd try... So here is me enjoying today. It's not so hard with all this beautiful scenery.





Miles sure LOVES his Pock.





1 comment:

  1. Such sweet photos! Pock must have forgotten his crocs...:)

    ReplyDelete