Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lasagna rolls

One of my favorite pastimes is cooking. 2 years ago my old self would have thought I was crazy. But the truth is... I really don't care for German food and I can't stand the thought of going to a restaurant and paying EURO (very expensive) for some food I don't even like. So, it forced me to start cooking...almost every night. Turns out, I enjoy it!
One of my favorite recipes is lasagna rolls. So yummy and less messy than regular lasagna.
See bottom of page for ingredients

Step 1 - Boil lasagna noodles until soft. Preheat oven to 350.
Step 2- Brown beef. Add onions and garlic until cooked. Add tomatoes, flavored sauce, and paste. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
Step 3- Combine ricotta, spinach, mozzarella and egg in large bowl.
Make sure you have these 3 steps completed before doing below.

Step 4- Place a couple noodles on clean work surface.
Step 5- Spread noodle with ricotta mixture
Step 6- Spread with beef mixture. (Not too much or else it won't roll up)
Step 7- Roll up
Place seam side down in a baking dish.
Repeat with remaining noodles.
Step 8- Top with remaining beef mixture and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Step 9- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Take foil off and bake 15 more minutes. Walaa!

You will need:
12 uncooked lasagna rolls
1 pound beef
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
1 jar (8 oz) of your favorite pasta sauce (something w/garlic and/or other flavors)
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 package of frozen chopped spinach
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese





3 comments:

  1. It looks really REALLY good! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm going to try this!!! Looks SO YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks reallllly good! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete